SPARKLING WINE SPRING BREAK SPRITZERS
By Maggie Walters
Spring is in the air; the days are growing longer and flowers can be spotted budding in any patch of grass. It’s time to celebrate the change of weather!
Here are 3 great spritzer cocktails featuring sparkling wine to help you kick off spring. Whether you’re enjoying the patio at home or taking a trip down to the beach to soak up some rays, these cocktails are a sure hit for entertaining this season.
We’ve featured an oldie but goodie cocktail, the French 75. This is a classic sparkling cocktail we love so much that we’ve even made a couple of riffs on it to inspire your spring festivities. The only tools you need are a shaker and glass!
Check out the cocktails:
French 75 (Cognac Variation)
- 1 oz. Remi Martin VSOP
- ¼ oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut
- Mix cognac, lemon juice, simple syrup in a shaker of ice and shake until chilled. Strain into champagne flute or coupe glass and top with chilled Cremant. Garnish with lemon twist and a brandied cherry.
Pomme Rose (Pomme is apple in French!)
- 1 oz. Dupont Calvados Fine Reserve
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- 3 oz. sparkling Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut Rosé
Combine calvados, juice, and syrup into a shaker of ice and shake until chilled. Strain into Champagne flute or couple glass. Top with Rosé. Garnish with a brandied cherry.
- 1 1/2 oz. Roxor gin
- 1/2 oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ oz. simple syrup
- 3 oz. Stiegel-Radler Grapefruit
- Grapefruit wheel for garnish
Combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a shacker of ice and shake until chilled. Strain into Champagne flute or couple glass. Top with Stiegel-Radler and garnish with grapefruit wheel.
We hope your spring is filled with good times – and, of course, good beverages. If you need help with your next get together, we’ve got the experts on staff to assist.
To reserve these products on our shopping site, please visit ColonialWine.shop and your order will be ready to pick up in-store!