Colonial is celebrating 25 years! To go along with our Silver Celebration Party Planning Guide, we have the perfect recipes to serve for your large cocktail anniversary party. Cheers and congratulations!
The Main Event Recipes
On the Menu:
Skill Level: Easy
- Mozzarella Chili Dip with Tostada Chip Rounds
- Shrimp Cocktail Caribbean Holiday Style
- Seafood Bruschetta
- Assorted Artisan Cheese Selection with local seasonal fruit
- Charcuterie Assortment
Mozzarella Chili Dip with Tostada Chip Rounds
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
- 1-15-ounce can chili
- 18-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 28-ounce packages shredded mozzarella cheese garlic powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- tostada chips for serving
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a shallow, medium baking dish, spread chili and mix in cream cheese. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until cheese is melted and creamy.
- Stir in 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until melted.
- Top the mixture with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve with tostada chips
Shrimp Cocktail Caribbean Holiday Style
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate prior to serving time up to 4 hours
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. minced fresh ginger root
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds large cooked shrimp, peeled, tails on
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
In large bowl combine oil, ginger, lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and red pepper; mix well. Stir in shrimp and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before serving. Stir occasionally while chilling.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. snipped fresh chives
- 1 tbs. snipped fresh basil
- 1 tbs. snipped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crabmeat or one 6 1/2-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 8 ounces peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped 3 medium Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 18-ounce loaf baguette-style French bread
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint (optional)
- In medium bowl combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, chives, basil, mint, and garlic. Add crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, and onion; toss to coat.
- Cut bread into 48 thin slices. Arrange bread slices on large baking sheet. Brush one side of each slice with some of the 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle lightly with pepper. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until toasted.
- To serve, spoon seafood mixture onto the oiled side of each toasted slice. If desired, garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately. Makes 48 appetizer servings
Assorted Artisan Cheese Selection with local seasonal fruit
Use your imagination. Try to select local artisanal cheeses and pair them with fresh local fruits. Arrange nicely on a wooden or other platter and enjoy.
Select salami, ham from different regions of the world, roast beef, and other roasted or smoked meats. Add cherry tomatoes, vegetable slices (fresh or grilled), pickles and olives. Serve with assorted breads, crackers, and spreads. Enjoy and impress.